hopperbach


Thursday, August 04, 2005

As a man thinketh...

Why a GOP victory is being greeted with wailing and gnashing of teeth by Republicans I haven't quite figured out yet. Nonetheless conservative columnist Robert Novak has felt compelled to throw his own gloomy offering into the hat regarding the recent Republican special election win in Ohio:

"I believe that the voting in Ohio [Tuesday] - with the first Iraq veteran running for office as a Democrat ... who almost won opposing the war ... is a tremendous political problem," Novak told the packed audience at the Young America's Foundation National Conservative Student Conference.

"I think it's a political problem for the president. I don't think it's a shift in ideology, but I think it is a real warning signal for the Republicans about the 2006 elections," Novak continued.

I don't think it is anything of the sort. Special elections usually have such a low turnout that accurate analysis of the results and their future connotations is difficult at best.

My suggestion to Mr Novak and all of the frightened conservatives out there: buck up! Go get a copy of Norman Vincent Peale's book and make a journey back to the positive side of things. Because if you insist on thinking like a loser...guess what will happen? Yup.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,